Vein Specialist In Scottsdale, Chandler & the Phoenix Metro
We Can Help You Improve Your Vascular Health Today
Arizona Vein & Laser Institute provides premier vein treatment in Scottsdale, Chandler & the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. In the United States, more than 70 million people will suffer from a venous disorder at some point in their life. You may not even be aware of the condition in the beginning stages. If you are experiencing symptoms such as swollen, twisted veins, restless legs, cramps, or swollen ankles, it is likely a sign that the disorder has progressed. These conditions are caused by a malfunction in the one-way valves in your veins, which help keep your blood flowing in the right direction. When the valves are not functioning as intended, your blood can end up flowing backward, pooling in the branches of your veins. This is known as venous insufficiency and can cause varicose veins and spider veins.
- Venous Insufficiency – This term describes when the veins have trouble carrying blood back from the body to the heart. Although it occurs in all of the body’s limbs, venous insufficiency prominently occurs in the legs due to gravity.
- Varicose Veins – Varicose veins are the blue or green twisted, bulging veins that typically appear on the legs. They occur when blood backs up in the vein, causing it to twist and bulge.
- Spider Veins – Spider veins are small, thin blood blue vessels that look like a small spider’s web underneath the skin. These are usually harmless but are indicative of poor circulation.
- Lymphedema – This condition is caused by damaged or removed lymph nodes that stop the lymphatic system from properly draining, resulting in built-up lymph fluid and swollen limbs.
- Venous Ulcers – A venous ulcer occurs when blood doesn’t flow back toward the heart as it should. These ulcers usually occur on the lower legs between the ankles and knees.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a condition caused by the formation of a blood clot located within a deep vein. DVT typically occurs in the thigh or lower leg but has been known to occur in other parts of the body.
- Non-Healing Wounds – When you need competent medical attention for venous disorders, vascular surgeries, and resistant wound care, you need our professional team.
- Vascular Ultrasound – We use state-of-the-art vascular ultrasound technology to obtain a detailed picture of our patients’ circulatory systems to accurately pinpoint blood clots, blockages, and any other causes of general symptoms, such as swelling.
- Vascular Surgery – If vascular surgery is determined necessary, our experienced team can perform it as an outpatient procedure for your convenience.
- Sclerotherapy – The procedure is the standard treatment for small spider veins and varicose veins. It involves an injection of a solution, typically saline, into the affected vein. The solution causes the blood vessel to clot and stick together, which eventually prompts the clotted vessel to turn into scar tissue and fade away naturally.
- Phlebectomy – Also known as vein stripping, this procedure can benefit your appearance and circulatory function. It can effectively eliminate veins that have remained unresponsive to other treatment methods.
- Varicose Vein Treatment – There are a wide variety of symptoms you may experience with varicose veins, including swelling, pain, and the appearance of discoloration to your skin. Age and genetics are the two most common causes of this condition.
- EVLT Treatment – One of the treatments we highly recommend is Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) because it is minimally invasive, simple, safe, and incredibly effective. It typically takes less than one hour to complete.
- Conservative Management – Your surgeon may prescribe medical-grade stockings to you. They should be worn for three months period. The stockings are meant to improve your symptoms.
If you’re looking for a vein doctor in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, you’ve come to the right place. Arizona Vein & Laser Institute boasts a medical team of highly-trained and -experienced vascular and cardiovascular surgeons, so you can rest assured you’re in capable and caring hands when you visit our state-of-the-art facility for vein treatment. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.